Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas In Austria!

Christmas in Austria is celebrated on the 24th, not the 25th, like in the United States, so that was different!
On the 22nd I had a Christmas party with my Austrian friends, and it was a blast. We lit a whole bunch of candles and shut the lights off, and sang Silent Night. I sang it in English, Mercedes from Argentina sang it in Spanish, and my Austrian friends sang it in German. It was very lovely.




Then on the 24th, Christmas Day, my family slept in, which was awesome, then we all bundled up and went to a church service in Altmünster at 4:00. It was in a beautiful old Catholic church, actually the same one I visited when I was in Language Camp in August.
Afterwards, we came back home and ate this delicious homemade lasagna (the best I've ever had) and then opened presents. My host family is really awesome and got me a documentary about Austria which I'm really excited to watch, and my host sister got me a book in German with pretty simple German for me to practice, which is so thoughtful. Then altogether they got me a really nice art set because they saw how much I love to draw and paint. I had a perfect first Christmas away from home. Couldn't have asked for a better day.










Hope everyone had lovely holidays. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment